Like most everyone these last few weeks, our family has been having an unplanned disruptive adventure. With local schools closing, we decided to head to the cabin with an unknown return date. As of this writing we are still here at the cabin. That hasn’t stopped CaptainCore development! In fact it’s been quite a productive month even with limited internet access. Here are the highlights.
- Organization improvements to the CLI with a deep cleaning. There were many commands added that were really just one time use bash scripts or early attempts at automating tasks. I removed many of those and hope to continue this trend. The goal being to keep everything in CaptainCore ready to use.
- New site global defaults. Similar to account defaults, there is now a place for an administrator to define global site defaults which get deployed immediately as sites are added to CaptainCore. This cuts down a large portion of hardcoded deployment process which can now be handled nicely as custom recipes.
- New dialogs for account creation. Since switching from custom post types over to custom tables, many basic things like adding and deleting items are still lacking interface. I’m slowly adding these back within the main Vue.js template. I now have an interface to create accounts once again.
- Expanded Constellix DNS integration to support vanity nameservers. Defining
CAPTAINCORE_CONSTELLIX_SOA_NAMEwithin wp-confi.php will enable CaptainCore to create domains on Constellix using their vanity nameservers. Also wrote about vanity nameservers for Anchor Hosting and a configuration guide for other web host providers.
- Wrote post “Over The Air Shell Scripts“. Explains a technique that allows you to use parts of CaptainCore without any prerequisites through cleaver one liner commands.
- Wrote post “Scripting Background Scripts on Kinsta“. This boilerplate script allows you to wrap any bash script into a background process on Kinsta using the
- Bash script template for deploying many keys to wp-config.php. Just swap out the bash array
values_to_addwith your own keys and values.
Until next month. Onward!